Pages

Monday 1 August 2016

Promise fulfilled....?

Ensconced in the trusty little grey Scarp 'home from home.
'Somewhere' in Somerset....
    ... Those them clouds look familiar though...
Apparently us solo lady campers mustn't give up our precise whereabouts; on social media for fear of....
What exactly...?
The 'Peg Police' turning up with their protractors to check the proper angles...?
Shudders..
Yes I see their point..
On account of the usual 'things and stuff' delaying me. it was properly dark by the time I got to this secret spot ; so doubly glad to have 'the one' (failsafe pitcher) to hand..
This particular tent, pretty much puts itself up ; you only have to glance at it sideways; and there it is all done; taut, perky, and merrily shedding the precipitation.....

Or even a forceful gale... But not tonight.
Cosiness abounds, in a weatherproof shelter; as the rain pounds down..
I'm sure I can hear the thirsty ground, and  greens about, giving thanks; as they absorb such welcome moisture..
And as far as I'm concerned  it can carry on raining merrily for the next two days;  even though I am residing under nylon...
The veg needs it desperately, irrigation just doesnt  have the same effect.
And I get to 'work' indoors for a change, but sitting down rather than my usual stand up (yogic) gigs..
Over the next two days 'We'
 (that's me and other persons loquacious, and variously learned, but as yet unspecified)
Are going to identify practical ways to facilitate more sustainable / agroecological food systems...
Okaay...
A marvellous idea in principal; and hopefully at some point taken up in practice.
 I am thoroughly in favour ; of such an undertaking...
To the point where I'm prepared to sacrifice two whole days of soil toil, to put towards such a good cause...
There had better be cake tho' and lots of tea. But, stout heart, it's a panel of farmers, so how could it be otherwise....?
Drinks all round... 

I'll bet the thirsty celeriac is lapping it up.
Then sleep creeps upon,  snug in my dry haven..
And hopeful for 'enlightenment' the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment; or question....But be warned; you might get a reply...